If you are in your 50s, you probably feel years younger than the age listed on your driver’s license. And if you have been diligent with sun protection and a regular skincare routine, you even might look years younger than your age too. If you have not been as committed to caring for your complexion, no need to worry. Now is the perfect time to power up with effective anti-aging skincare products that will make you look as young as you feel.
Common Aging Concerns
No matter how well you have taken care of your skin, the subtle natural changes of intrinsic aging, like sagging skin, wrinkles and uneven skin tone, begin in your 50s.
Simple Anti-Aging Solutions
Aging is inevitable but that does not mean you cannot help your skin turn back the clock. Products containing Retinoids can help speed surface cell turnover to reveal newer skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. NAG (N-Acetyl Glucosamine) and Niacinimide are two other power players that contribute to a brighter, more even appearance.
5 Ways to Take Care of Your Skin in Your 50s
- Do Not Forget the SPF. A moisturiser with a broad spectrum SPF is key.
- Moisturize with a Retinoid-Based Cream. Retinoids reduces the look of fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots by speeding up surface cell turnover. Apply a moisturiser in the morning and evening right after you cleanse your skin. Additionally, moisturisers with ingredients such as antioxidants, including vitamin C or E, help prevent surface free radical damage.
- Rejuvenate with a Night Cream. Moisturizing at night will leave you with softer, smoother skin by the time you rise in the morning. Products containing ingredients like glycerin hydrate skin, while Niacinimide improves your skin’s moisture barrier.
- Go Beyond Your Face. To maximize results, be attentive to treating your jawline, neck and chest. Use the same cleansing and ingredient-rich moisturizing products that you use on your face for these areas as well.
- Say Goodbye to Facial Hair. Some women may also experience increased facial hair growth after menopause. If you do, remove it with a gentle depilatory made especially for delicate facial skin.
Stick to a healthy skincare regimen throughout your 50s to minimize the signs of aging and to maintain your best beautiful skin for years to come.